Contact AD Paul Dunham at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the information presented below.
High School teams will be allowed to begin workouts on July 6, 2020 with guidelines and restrictions. That information can be found here: Covid-19 Athletic Reopening Spreadsheet Coaches, trainers, and administrators will do everything possible to follow these guidelines as closely as possible.
Requirements for Athletes:
- Any student athlete that is exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath, sore throat and new loss of smell) is not allowed to attend workouts.
- IHSAA Physical form
- The IHSAA is allowing physicals from the 2019-2020 school year for returning high school athletes to be valid for the 2020-2021 school year as long as the Health History Report is also completed with no major changes in health since the 2019-2020 physical. For incoming high school freshmen, physicals must be on the IHSAA physical form.
- We will NOT provide water or ice for consumption during workouts.
- Each student will have to bring their own. NO SHARING WATER BOTTLES!
- Patience and Accountability
- There are new procedures for coaches and students to work through
- Please be patient
- Attention to detail is vital to limit exposure. Please be accountable
Expectations for Athletes:
- Self Reporting
- Each Student Athlete will be required to fill out COVID Return to Play Screen Application Form before participating in workout/practice.
- Each Student Athlete will be required to answer Health Questions regarding symptoms.
- Each Group will have access to hand sanitizer and wipes.
- They will disinfect each piece of equipment when they are done with it.
- Restrooms will not be unlocked.
- Social Distancing
- Each Student athlete should practice social distancing with in their group.
- Face Masks
- Coaches and Student Athletes are recommended to have face masks (not mandatory).
- Most workouts will be outside where social distancing is easy and mask will not be needed during workouts.
- Post Workouts
- Student Athletes should go home immediately to shower and wash their workout clothes.
To all student-athletes:
As much as we want you to be at workouts, PLEASE be honest and do what’s best for your team. If you are showing any symptoms at all, please let your coaches know and STAY HOME. Do not put your teammates, coaches, and the entire program at risk by coming to workouts while showing symptoms.
Here is a link to the Centers for Disease Control that highlights how to prevent the spread of Covid-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Keep in mind, athletes are only allowed to be on campus for 15 hours total for each of the first two weeks. Attendance and hours will be monitored by the athletic office. DO NOT participate in more than 15 hours of workouts during Phase 1. For multi-sport athletes, your focus should be on your Fall Sport FIRST. If you wish to attend winter/spring sport workouts after that, you may do so.